The Perfect Sauce.
We created a tomato sauce that is so versatile that we want to share it with you today. We use this sauce when we make our fabulous Cabbage Rolls, Stuffed Peppers and we’ve even used it with our beautiful Ricotta filled Zucchini flowers. It’s such a winner that you have to give it a try. It’s so simple to make and you can freeze it so you’re never out of the sauce that makes your food sing!
- 1 large can Tomato Juice
- 1 680 ml can of Spaghetti Sauce (this is about 24 oz or 3 cups ) Harry uses Hunts Extra Spicy
- 1 bottle of Pasata. (This is puréed tomatoes)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 red chili, seeded and minced is optional but oh so good.
Begin by: Placing everything into a dutch oven. Stir well and and allow to simmer on medium low for 1/2 an hour. Now you can allow it to cool and divide it into small portions for freezing or use it right away for Cabbage Rolls or Stuffed peppers.
- Pan Stew with Chicken and potatoes (above)
- Add it to a pasta with stir fried sausage and peppers
- It makes a great base for a tomato rice soup
- It can be a sauce for home made pizza
- Add extra flavor to Tostatas
- Riccotta stuffed shells
Enjoy making this simple sauce and let us know if you found a new use for it in your own Kitchen. We’d love to know how you used our Secret Sauce! Happy cooking.